Thursday, June 24, 2004

Someone turn off this guy's Mike...

Board Upholds R for 'Fahrenheit' [MSN.com]

I'm not sure why Moore is making a big deal about this... ok, maybe I do know. As if this movie didn't have enough hype. I heard that Moore is now encouraging teenagers who can't get into the movie to sneak in. The rationale is that these are the kids that will be joining the military in a couple of years and they deserve to know what's going on. I can't speak for anyone else, but at that age I didn't give a flying crap about world events, politics, or heavily biased documentaries. Take it easy Michael Moore, we all know your movie comes out this Friday. I swear I thought Donald Trump had the Media Whore of the Year award in the bag, but Moore is right there with him now. Let's watch the egos fly when Apprentice 2 and the election go head to head this fall.

My favorite part of the article is the quote from Tom Ortenberg, the president of the film's distributor, Lions Gate Films:

"I hope the R rating doesn't have a large impact on the box office."

Thanks for making that clear, we weren't sure about your motivations.

No comments: